Having studied at Oxford University (Brasenose / English) I really enjoy being able to select when and how often I work. The groups are super excited to see Oxford and with the training provided I had plenty of stories to keep them hooked!
With flexible hours and an attractive commission basis, this sale role is both fun and engaging. There is a strong team vibe Footprints, and I enjoy helping in this vital role to get people on the tours.
While I did not attend Oxford University, the in-depth training has enabled me to build up a deep knowledge of all the information required on a day to day basis. As the Spanish tours continue to grow this has been a rewarding area of expansion to be involved in.
As the highest rated attraction in several cities across England, we provide walking tours to thousands of visitors every week. Our clients range from ordinary tourists to private commercial organisations and conference groups.
Our guides are outgoing individuals who are comfortable interacting with groups of 20 strangers and building up a bond during the 2-hour experience.
What makes you a Footprints Tour Guide?
– You’re a friendly and outgoing “people person” with effective communication skills.
– You have an excellent command of spoken English.
– You have a passion for history and for sharing it with others.
– You are self-motivated and always strive to do better than the day before.
– You are physically active and enjoy working outdoors.
What would also help?
– Prior experience of working in a customer-facing role.
– A good knowledge of the city you are applying for.
– Good knowledge of another language.
What availability do I need?
We work with lots of students around England, so other commitments such as studies or other part time work is not a problem.
What is the package?
– Tour Guides can expect pay from £60-90 per day.
– A mix of private and public tours to complement a candidate’s availability.
– We offer a highly competitive rate of pay, based on a composite of an hourly bookings rate, fixed rate per tour and sales commission.
Need to know
We operate an equal opportunities policy and recruit only on the basis of work criteria and individual merit. Tour Guides will work on a self employed basis.
The tours themselves are on an ad-hoc basis, and allow for flexible working. We are currently looking, in particular, for guides who want to work a regular 2 or 3 days per week (taking tours from 11:00-13:00 & 14:00-16:00) on a self employed basis.