Here at Footprint Tours we are used to talking about famous politicians, writers, and inventors to our visitors when running our Oxford Walking Tour. However, what people often don’t realise is that there are many other celebrities in film and TV that also call themselves alumni. Here is a list of 12 celebrities you would not believe studied at Oxbridge!
12. Rupert Murdoch read Philosophy, Politics and Economics at Worcester College, Oxford.
11. Kate Beckinsale read French and Russian Literature at New College, Oxford before leaving to film Kenneth Branagh’s film version of “Much Ado About Nothing”.
10. Rowan Atkinson did a MSc in Electrical Engineering at Queen’s College, Oxford.
9. Hugh Grant read English Literature at New College, Oxford.
8. Ian McKellen also read English Literature at St Catherine’s College, Cambridge.
7. Richard Curtis, About A Boy and Love Actually screenwriter, studied English Language and Literature at Christ Church, Oxford.
6. Rachel Weisz read English at Trinity Hall, Cambridge.
5. Hugh Laurie read Archaeology and Anthropology at Selwyn College, Cambridge.
4. Emma Watson read English for one year at Worcester College, Oxford while being based at Brown University,
3. Sacha Baron Cohen read History at Christ’s College, Cambridge.
2. Nigella Lawson read Medieval and Modern Languages at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford.
1. Tom Hiddlestone read Classics at Pembroke College, Cambridge.
Book yourself onto Footprint’s Oxford Walking Tours today and maybe you’ll come across a celebrity while you’re at it!
Sources/Sites/Images: Buzzfeed and Business Insider.0